"An evening of unparalleled entertainment benefiting the ACU Theatre Department!"
Saturday, October 11, 2014: The Abilene Christian University Department of Theatre, in conjunction with the ACU Alumni Relations Office, presents a fun-filled evening for supporters of ACU Theatre. Festivities include the Homecoming Musical production, Big Fish, backstage passes, a post-show party and more. We invite you to learn more about how you can support the work of training exceptional Christian artists, and to join us for Lights Up! 2014.
*Please select Lights Up! from the drop-down menu
- auditions 60-70 students each year in a highly competitive process for 12 new theatre majors.
- annually produces five to six mainstage productions plus the Abilene Shakespeare Festival to consistent critical acclaim.
- has become a go-to "hotspot" for New York agents and casting directors to scout for talent to represent.
- consistently has over 75% of its students who attend the Southeastern Conference national unified auditions to not only pass the screening, but to receive multiple callbacks for job offers.
- launched a New York studies program in spring 2012, allowing seniors to spend their final semester at the Tepper Center for Careers in Theatre, studying with Broadway professionals.
- produces alumni who distinguish themselves every day in regional theatres, national tours, Broadway productions, graduate schools and theatre education.
- needs donors like you! Donations are currently responsible in part for the salaries of at least three staff positions, overtime salaries, guest artists and designers, and special programming such as the Abilene Shakespeare Festival.