Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
The Glass Menagerie
By Tennessee Williams
Directed by Dawne Meeks
Awarded Best Play in 1945 by the New York Drama Critics’ Circle and acclaimed as Tennessee Williams’ first great Broadway success, this emotionally devastating portrait of hope glitters and reflects with a delicacy and beauty that will fix your gaze and move you to tears. In 1930s St. Louis, aspiring poet Tom Wingfield reluctantly works in a shoe warehouse to support his overbearing, faded-Southern-belle mother and desperately shy sister, Laura. Pushed by his mother, he finds Laura a gentleman caller to try to coax her from her fragile private world. Williams’ masterpiece is a touching tale of lost dreams, family bonds and survival.
April 10-12, 24-26, 2014 at 7:30 p.m.
Fulks Theatre | Talkback on April 11
Alum to Reprise Role on Broadway
After spending three months playing Pumbaa in a Hawaii-based production, Ben Jeffrey ('06) is returning to The Lion King on Broadway.
- Senior Owen Beans was hired for the summer company of Shawnee Summer Theatre in Indiana. Owen will be playing George in The Drowsy Chaperone, Frog in A Year With Frog and Toad, and King Louis in Ken Ludwig’s adaptation of The Three Musketeers. He was also accepted into Minnesota State University to pursue an MFA in Acting and has been granted a full graduate assistantship.
- Chad Tiller ('01) recently received a promotion at Rosco to nationwide Sales Manager for the US.
- Joshua Martin (’07) is traveling to Magdeburg, Germany in June with Wishing Chair Productions to perform String City in the International Puppet Festival.
- Lauren (Webster) Hance’s (’01) new play Handprints was just named a finalist in the Lakeshore Players Theatre Ten-minute play festival and will receive a production.
- Michelle Alexander (’09) is cast in The Gospel at Colonus at the ZACH Theatre in Austin.
- Carlee Cagle (’11) is currently playing Lois Lane in Kiss Me Kate at Plaza Theatre Company.
- Jeremy Varner (’10) is now a member of actors Equity working with Atlanta's Lyric Theatre in productions of Cats and Chicago.
- Eean Cochran is currently in the national tour of Bring It On: The Musical.
- Seth Womack (’13) was recently cast in the ensemble of Les Misérables at Dallas Theater Center.