Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
Book by John August
Music and Lyrics by Andrew Lippa
Directed by Dawne Meeks
October 10-11 at 8 p.m.
October 12 at 2 p.m.
Abilene Civic Center | Suitable for all ages
Having just finished its Broadway run, Big Fish is quite a catch for the ACU Theatre, one of the first in the nation to mount a production. Big Fish centers on Edward Bloom, a traveling salesman who lives life to its fullest...and then some! Edward's incredible, larger-than-life stories thrill everyone around him - most of all, his devoted wife Sandra. But their son Will, about to have a child of his own, is determined to find the truth behind his father's epic tales. Overflowing with heart, humor and spectacular stagecraft, Big Fish is an extraordinary new Broadway musical that reminds us why we love going to the theatre - for an experience that's richer, funnier and BIGGER than life itself.
New Dance Instructor Arrives
"We welcome Melissa Young, from Dallas Black Dance Theatre, as our new dance instructor for Fall 2014! Ms. Young is also a proud graduate of The Ailey School."
- Lara (Seibert) Young (‘06) was recently cast as the swing for Pippin on Broadway and is covering the Leading Player.
- David Utley (‘99) is the scenic designer for the upcoming film The Nice Guys with Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe shooting in Los Angeles and Atlanta.
- Connie and Caryn Esch (’14) are in the SAG/AFTRA feature film Cheerleader, playing the twin best friends of the head cheerleader.
- Rachel (Faulkner) Whyte (’14) has been cast as Lucinda in Into the Woods at the Ignite Theatre in Denver.
- Jefferson Ferguson (‘12) played Dalton in Equus at the Frenetic Theatre in Houston.
- Charlene Koepf (’11) is playing Cosette in Lamb’s Players production of Les Misérables in San Diego.
- Ashley (Felkner) Padovani (’09) has been cast in the midwest tour of Junie B. with Casa Mañana.
- Meredith McCall (’87) was in TOMMY at ZACH theatre in Austin.