Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
Freud's Last Session
By Mark St. Germain
Directed by Gary Varner
August 14-16, 28-30, 2014
Culp Theatre, 7:30 p.m.
Faith and Science collide when C.S. Lewis pays Sigmund Freud a visit. Love, sex, death and the existence of God. It’s all up for discussion in Freud’s Last Session, featuring ACU Theatre professor Adam Hester, as Freud, and audience favorite Jacob Alexander, a senior ACU Theatre major, as C.S. Lewis. Winner of the 2011 Oﬀ Broadway Alliance Award for Best Play, Freud’s Last Session imagines a late-in-life meeting between Dr. Sigmund Freud, the devoutly atheist father of psychoanalysis, and the philosophical Christian author-professor C.S. Lewis. Amidst the ominous sounds of World War II and just weeks before Freud’s death, Freud and Lewis engage in a riveting, tension-ﬁlled discourse on life’s most important questions.
“Delightful ... a brainy fencing match of Olympic caliber.” – Associated Press
Talkback on August 29
Recommended for ages 10 and older
- Nelson Coates ('84) is prepping a new MGM film called Don't Mess with Texas. The film stars Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara and will be Nelson's third feature collaboration with Anne Fletcher (The Proposal and The Guilt Trip).
- Blake Rogers ('12) was cast in the ensemble of Soho Cinders at Uptown Players in Dallas.
- Erick Carter ('11) is performing Off-Broadway in Deathbed at the Studio Theatre.
- Sherry Ward ('95) recently accepted a job at Dallas Children's Theatre.
- Senior Ally Bonneau has been hired to work part-time for Daryl Eisenberg Casting and Aaron Grant Theatricals.
- Hannah Browning ('13) has been made a full-time cast member with the Walt Disney Company.
- It's a Wonderful Life at Penfold Theatre featuring Ryan Crowder ('04) was voted the Best Theatre Production of 2013 in the Best Round Rock awards.