Auditions & Interviews
2013-2014 Prospective Student Auditions and Interviews
We hold auditions for prospective theatre majors on four Fridays throughout the year. Auditions are scheduled in 15-minute increments. Musical Theatre candidates will also return for a short dance audition. If you cannot audition in person (recommended), you may register for an audition and submit a DVD or video of your audition. All students auditioning/interviewing will be considered for a scholarship (see below).
Friday, November 21, 2014 (Dead Man's Cell Phone production running)
Friday, January 23, 2015 (No production running)
February 13, 2015 (The Marvelous Wonderettes production running)
February 27, 2015 (V is for Violin, Studio Premiere production running)
- All students must audition/interview to be accepted as Theatre majors.
- Up to twelve freshmen will be admitted to the program each fall.
- If you are not accepted, you may still enroll in certain theatre classes, but you must audition again later for acceptance.
To be accepted into the Theatre major program at ACU, you must:
- Complete the audition/interview registration application
- Gain clear admission to ACU
- Maintain a full course load (12 hrs per semester or more)
- Complete an audition/interview and be selected as a Theatre major.
The audition/interview registration application requires the following:
- High school GPA and class rank
- One-page resume of theatre experience
- Two short-answer paragraphs (questions on registration page)
- Two reference letters
Actors (students desiring Acting or Musical Theatre tracks) should prepare two contrasting monologues limited to 60 seconds each. A cold reading will be provided at the audition. Singers should prepare the monologues, and also a verse and chorus (30 seconds) of a Broadway-style song. An accompanist will be provided, but please also bring recorded accompaniment to the audition. Bring your sheet music mounted on card stock or in a three-ring binder. A dance audition (musical theatre/jazz combo) will be required for Musical Theatre students. Bring appropriate dance clothes and shoes.
Designers and directors should prepare a portfolio including drawings, photos, press articles, etc. demonstrating your work. Be prepared to discuss your experience during your interview.
- Two to four $1,000-$1,500 scholarship awards will be presented to selected freshmen who are admitted into the program.