Why ACU Theatre?
Why study theatre at Abilene Christian University? Here are a few reasons:
- We produce quality theatre influenced by our Christian worldview.
- A maximum of 12 freshmen/transfer students are admitted each fall, determined by audition/interview.
- Limited total enrollment of 50 students provides more performance opportunities for each student and smaller faculty/student ratios.
- Training reflects cutting-edge, contemporary curriculum including the Alexander Technique, the Linklater Vocal Technique, and concepts of actor training from Robert Cohen, Michael Shurtleff, David Craig, the Atlantic Theatre Company, and Stanislavski.
- The Williams Performing Arts Center, a $17 million facility opened in 2003, features the Fulks Theater (a 325-seat theater) and the Culp Theater (a multi-form theater).
- The Homecoming Musical is performed annually in the 2,200 seat Abilene Civic Center.
- Theatre students’ academic awards have included Dean’s Honor Roll (more than 50 percent regularly), Valedictorian, Trustees’ Award, B. Sherrod, Dean Adams, Servant Leader, Who’s Who, University Scholar and Honor Student.
- Theatre students’ average GPA and SAT\ACT score exceeds university average.
- B.A. or B.F.A. is awarded in six different tracks.
- Alumni are successful in grad school as well as in professional employment.