Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
Footloose - Spring Musical Comedy
Stage adaptation by Dean Pitchford and Walter Bobbie
Music by Tom Snow with lyrics by Dean Pitchford
Directed by Dawne Meeks
April 12-13, 19-20, 26-27, 2013
Based on the hit movie capturing the heart of America, this musical bursts on to the stage with a youthful spirit, dazzling dance scenes and electrifying music. Ren, a teen from Chicago, is forced to move with his mother to a small town in Texas after his father abandons the family. To his shock, dancing and rock and roll are forbidden! He and his classmates want a senior prom.
It doesn’t take Ren long to shake up the status quo and soon the whole class is on their feet sending the town into a frenzy. Footloose will have the whole audience on their feet in this joyful family musical!
Alum Cast in Benefit Production of Little Women
Jason Peter Kennedy ('07) was cast as Professor Bhaer in Little Women at Los Angeles' Sustaining Sound Theatre Company. The proceeds for this show will benefit Forever Found, a nonprofit organization dedicated to the prevention, rescue and restoration of child trafficking victims.
- Charlene Koepf ('11) was cast as Little Edie at the local premiere of Grey Gardens at San Diego's Ion Theatre Company
- David Speer ('04) is cast in Beautiful Soup Theater Collective's production of Rags at the Connelly Theatre in New York
- Erick Carter ('11) is cast as James "Thunder" Early in Dreamgirls at York College
- Senior Katie Bendel was accepted to California Institute of Integral Studies Master of Arts program in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in expressive arts
- Elena Stephenson ('09) was accepted to the NYU Steinhardt Master of Arts program in Educational Theatre for Colleges and Communities