Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
The Marvelous Wonderettes
Written and created by Roger Bean
Directed by Dawne Meeks
November 17-22, 2014
Fulks Theatre, 7:30 p.m. | Talkback every performance
Recommended for ages 13 and older
February 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 2015
Fulks Theatre, 7:30 p.m. | Talkback on February 13
Suitable for all ages
This smash off-Broadway hit takes you to the 1958 Springfield High School prom where we meet the Wonderettes, four girls with hopes and dreams as big as their crinoline skirts! As we learn about their lives and loves, we are treated to the girls performing classic ’50s and ’60s songs such as “Lollipop,” “Dream Lover,” “Stupid Cupid,” “Lipstick on Your Collar,” “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me,” “It’s My Party,” and more than 20 other classic hits! You’ve never had this much fun at a prom and you will never forget The Marvelous Wonderettes – a must-take musical trip down memory lane!
“The fun never stops!”
– Associated Press
Alumni stage managing National Tour
Shae Candelaria ('09) is stage managing the National Tour of A Christmas Story, which is currently playing at the Dallas Summer Musicals through December 14. Watch the DSM trailer here
- Jeremy Varner ('10) was cast in James and the Giant Peach at The Alliance Theatre in Atlanta.
- Lara (Seibert) Young (‘06) was recently cast as the swing for Pippin on Broadway and is covering the Leading Player.
- David Utley (‘99) is the scenic designer for the upcoming film The Nice Guys with Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe shooting in Los Angeles and Atlanta.
- Connie and Caryn Esch (’14) are in the SAG/AFTRA feature film Cheerleader, playing the twin best friends of the head cheerleader.
- Rachel (Faulkner) Whyte (’14) has been cast as Lucinda in Into the Woods at the Ignite Theatre in Denver.