Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
Dead Man's Cell Phone
By Sarah Ruhl
Directed by Kari Hatfield
November 17-22, 2014
Fulks Theatre, 7:30 p.m. | Talkback every performance
Recommended for ages 13 and older
“Ruhl’s zany probe of the razor-thin line between life and death delivers a fresh and humorous look at the times we live in.” – Variety
When Jean answers the cell phone of a recently deceased café patron, she holds on to the device to keep the man alive in a strange yet significant way. Jean’s quiet life is turned upside-down as she’s thrust into a world of mysterious strangers, shady business deals, and the potential for true love. A story about memory, redemption, and connection – and disconnection – in a technology-obsessed world, Ruhl’s comedy is a mesmerizing reflection of today.
New Dance Instructor Arrives
"We welcome Melissa Young, from Dallas Black Dance Theatre, as our new dance instructor for Fall 2014! Ms. Young is also a proud graduate of The Ailey School."
- Lara (Seibert) Young (‘06) was recently cast as the swing for Pippin on Broadway and is covering the Leading Player.
- David Utley (‘99) is the scenic designer for the upcoming film The Nice Guys with Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe shooting in Los Angeles and Atlanta.
- Connie and Caryn Esch (’14) are in the SAG/AFTRA feature film Cheerleader, playing the twin best friends of the head cheerleader.
- Rachel (Faulkner) Whyte (’14) has been cast as Lucinda in Into the Woods at the Ignite Theatre in Denver.
- Jefferson Ferguson (‘12) played Dalton in Equus at the Frenetic Theatre in Houston.
- Charlene Koepf (’11) is playing Cosette in Lamb’s Players production of Les Misérables in San Diego.
- Ashley (Felkner) Padovani (’09) has been cast in the midwest tour of Junie B. with Casa Mañana.
- Meredith McCall (’87) was in TOMMY at ZACH theatre in Austin.