After Zoey: August 19-21, 26-28, 2016
Compelling Theatre · Competitive Training · Christian Artists
The ACU Theatre integrates artistic excellence, spiritual depth, intellectual pursuit and physical soundness to create an environment where exceptional theatre happens and exceptional theatre artists are shaped.
Announcing the 2016-2017 ACU Theatre Season
Catch the Dream with our new season of exciting plays--all chosen to engage our audiences and educate our students in their theatre training. NEW THIS YEAR - Dinner theatre is available for one night of the fall, winter and spring shows. Purchase regular seats and, in a separate transaction, purchase whatever dinners you want. Recommended ages are listed for each show and talkback nights are designated. You may purchase online tickets in mid-July after we have processed season tickets.
Elliott Bales (’83) is an Equity actor and the chair of the Board of Directors at Theater Alliance in Washington, D.C. Elliott is currently appearing in a workshop production of a new play, Bell and Bliss, in Milwaukee.
- Dallas' Firehouse Theatre has dedicated the June 17 performance of The Fantasticks directed by Adam Hester as ACU Wildcat night with a portion of the proceeds going to ACU Theatre's Lights Up! Click here for tickets.
- Crysal Rae ('05) will workshop her 10-minute play, Daniel's Having a Baby, at ACU Theatre's Culp Theatre June 18 at 1:30 p.m. (Pay as you can fundraiser).
- Elliott Bales (’83) is currently appearing in a workshop production of a new play, Bell and Bliss, in Milwaukee.
- Owen Beans ('14) is currently performing the role of Drew in Rock of Ages in Reno.
- Eean Cochran (’15) is performing in the Oregon Shakespeare Festival’s production of The Wiz as an AEA Professional Theatre Intern.
- Jace (’14) and Amanda (Jarufe) (’13) Reinhard are performing five shows on Norwegian Cruise Line’s Regent Explorer’s Mediterranean cruise.
- Katie Hahn (’10) will be stage managing/assistant directing a production of Shooting Blanks this summer at the Prague Fringe Festival.
- Michelle Alexander ('09) and Ryan Crowder ('04) recently performed in Clybourne Park at Austin’s Penfold Theatre directed by Nathan Jerkins (’05) were nominated for the 2016 Greater Austin High School Musical Theatre Awards. Michelle teaches at Brentwood Christian and Kristie is at Cedar Ridge.
Man of La Mancha: October 21-23, 2016
The Dream of the Burning Boy: November 14-19, 2016
To Gillian on Her 37th Birthday: February 10-12, 17-19, 2017
The Mountaintop: March 2-4, 2017
Peter and the Starcatcher: April 21-23, 28-30, 2017