Jennie Hutt Neathery ('12) | LSC Scholar Athlete
B.S., Psychology, 2012
Lone Star Conference Scholar Athlete of the Year, 2012
Hometown: Coppell, Texas
When Jennie Hutt Neathery ('12) was not cementing her position as one of the Lone Star Conference's top volleyball players she was likely studying - ensuring her status as a star on the court and in the classroom.
Jennie earned a bachelor's degree in psychology with a 3.89 overall GPA, making the Dean's Honor Roll for eight consecutive semesters. In 2012, she was named the Lone Star Conference Academic Player of the Year - but Jennie was by no means a lone star academic on her squad.
The Wildcat volleyball team was awarded the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) Team Academic Award. Overall, the team had an astounding cumulative GPA of 3.30.
"It is very difficult to maintain academic and athletic excellence because both of them require an extraordinary amount of time and effort," Jennie says.
Jennie believes the coaches, professors and overall environment at ACU are conducive to academic success for student athletes like herself. She believes her coaches valued their player's academic success as much as they valued dominance on the court.
"ACU really does a great job of making student-athletes' lives easier," she says. "First, the athletic department as a whole is amazing. I feel it's rare for athletes at other colleges to be recognized by their athletic director when passing him in the hallway, and even rarer for him to stop and have a conversation with them."
- Jacey Ferrara ('14) Psychology
- Grace Lozano (M.S. ’12) Clinical Psychology
- Suchira Jani ('11) Clinical Psychology
- Dr. Jennifer Shewmaker, Psychology
- Shannon Williamson ('10) Clinical Psychology
- Brit'ny Spain ('11) School Psychology
- Andrea Haugen ('11) Graduate Psychology
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- University news, events and fun!
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog