The ACU Department of Psychology prepares students to serve the local community and the community of faith through careers in the scientific and applied profession of psychology.
Department of Psychology
Psychology is the study of behavior and mental processes. The Psychology Department at ACU trains students in the fundamental principles of human development, learning, personality and physiological psychology. Students learn to assess these principles in light of Christian faith, and to apply them to the solving of problems in industrial, clinical, counseling and other settings.
Dr. Jennifer Shewmaker | Psychology
As a professor and a mom, Dr. Jennifer Shewmaker is alarmed with the effect sexualized messages in the media are having on modern adolescents. This concern and a passion for knowledge has prompted her to dig deeper into the "whys and hows" of these pervasive messages.
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- ACU in Division I
- Register Now for Summer Academy 2013
- Online Graduate Programs
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- Forbes ranks ACU in Top 10% of U.S. colleges
- ACU renewed as Apple Distinguished Program
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Abound
- ACU en Español
- Follow ACU on Twitter
- University news, events and fun!