General Information and Requirements
1. Scholarships in music are available to qualified music and non-music majors. Music scholarships require an audition. Big Purple Band Scholarships require no audition. All recipients are expected to participate in a major performing ensemble in their performance area both semesters. Those who are awarded music major scholarships are expected to enroll in the prescribed music courses.
2. General scholarship auditions are held each year for incoming freshmen and transfer students. Personal auditions or recordings (video recordings are preferred) are required. Recordings should be clearly labeled with all pertinent information, including titles and composers of selections and the performer's name. Recordings must be received by the final audition date in the spring. Live auditions may be performed on the Music Department Audition Dates or by appointments scheduled on an individual basis with the appropriate division. Audition requirements and guidelines are provided. To schedule an audition, please fill out our online audition form. For more information or to schedule an audition, call 325-674-2496, toll free 877-520-2263, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All music scholarships are recommended by a committee of ACU music faculty and are approved by the ACU Financial Aid Office.
4. To retain a music major scholarship awarded over two or more semesters the students must:
- Remain a music major (except when awards are made to non-majors)
- Maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA (or as otherwise stated in scholarship contract)
- Demonstrate acceptable behavior and adherence to University rules and policies
- Participate in a major performing ensemble (attendance at all ensemble rehearsals and performances is expected of all scholarship recipients)
- Be enrolled in 12 or more credit hours each semester
- Maintain a cooperative attitude with faculty and students
The music department reserves the right to reduce or revoke a scholarship should the academic and musical progress or behavior of the student prove to be unsatisfactory.
Get More Info
Interested in music? Complete our online form to receive more information.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU
Applying to be a Music major? Wanting to join one of ACU's vocal or instrumental ensembles?