- Why ACU Music?
- Faculty & Staff
- Student Opportunities
- Scholarships & Auditions
- Department of Music
- Williams Performing Arts Center
- Contact Us
- Friday, October 10 - Fill out online form & submit piece for Dr. Ward's approval.
- Sunday, November 16 - Auditions in recital hall, 6:00 p.m. (time subject to change)
- Thursday, February 19 - Concert with Orchestra, Cullen Auditorium, 7:30 p.m.
Guidelines and Information
- Pieces must be submitted to Dr. Ward to determine suitability for the ensemble and availability of the music.
- Outside judges will be used.
- Students graduating in December ARE eligible for the competition, but you must commit to the dates for the concert, the dress rehearsal, and perhaps one other rehearsal arranged with Dr. Ward
- Memorization required. *Some works might bear special consideration (i.e. some 20th century works by composers such as Stockhausen, Berio, etc.). If you feel that your work deserves such consideration, include that on the form when you submit your piece to Dr. Ward, and your work will be reviewed by representatives from the vocal, piano, and instrumental divisions.
Get More Info
Interested in music? Complete our online form to receive more information.
Satisfy your curiosity about what it means to live and learn at ACU!
Apply to ACU
Applying to be a Music major? Wanting to join one of ACU's vocal or instrumental ensembles?