Erin Jordan ('09) | Journalism & Mass Communication
B.S., Integrated Marketing Communication, Abilene Christian University
M.A., University of Houston
During her years at ACU, Erin Jordan ('09) learned the value of true community and realized she had a heart for service. Now an Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellow at Dallas-based public relations firm Fleishman-Hillard, Erin is learning skills in PR she hopes to utilize on an international scale.
My JMC classes taught me a variety of skills. I haven't encountered many peers who were taught marketing, advertising, public relations, writing, photography, video editing, publication design, app design and web animation in undergrad. I feel thankful for my ACU education all the time.
"One day I hope to practice public relations globally with a global firm or independently. ACU really instilled within me a great sense of service. It's my goal to use my work in public relations to contribute in a positive way to society," Erin says. "I'm not sure how God will help me bring this to fruition, but I'm excited about the journey I've traveled thus far."
After graduating from ACU's Journalism and Mass Communication program in 2009, Erin continued her education, earning her master's degree from the University of Houston. Erin believes the JMC program at ACU offered her a unique, hands-on education. During her time in the JMC program, she served as a staff writer for ACU's Marketing Department, authoring press releases and working with the media. She also worked for ACU's student-run AD/PR agency Morris and Mitchell. For Erin, the experiences proved valuable.
"I think it's very rare for students to gain that type of exposure in school. Typically, there's a disconnect between what is taught in school and the job you perform after graduation," she says. "I remember being very excited to work with real businesses. In that role with a team, I created campaigns, helped rebrand businesses, performed market research and much more," she says.
Having completed her education and embarked on her career path, Erin believes the JMC program at ACU has her well-equipped for the future.
"JMC at ACU is unique because of the variety of opportunities you have to learn and grow. The culture of the school is also rare, and one that truly makes being a student there very special," she says. "My JMC classes taught me a variety of skills. I haven't encountered many peers who were taught marketing, advertising, public relations, writing, photography, video editing, publication design, app design and web animation in undergrad. I feel thankful for my ACU education all the time."
- Tasha French Lemley ('00) Journalism & Mass Communication
- Preston Watkins ('12) Ad/PR
- Savannah Smith ('14) Advertising & Public Relations
- Erin Jordan ('09) Journalism & Mass Communication
- Allison Gilbert ('13) Advertising & Public Relations
- Derek Sciba ('00) Broadcast Journalism
- Laura Acuff ('11) Fulbright Scholar
- Nelson Coates ('84) Movie Production Designer
- April Farris ('04) Attorney
- Braid Blanks ('04) TV News Anchor
- Gary Hamilton ('04) Broadcast Journalism
- David Ramsey ('81) Sports Writer
- Chandler Harris ('10) Broadcast Journalism
- Whitney Puckett ('11) Advertising/PR
- Joel Overall ('04) Integrated Marketing
- JMC Newsroom: Converged Media
- Kason Hart ('10) Electronic Media
- Cindi Patterson Nellis ('86) Journalism & Mass Comm
- Hutton Harris ('08) Broadcast Journalism