Post address: ACU Box 27892, Abilene, Texas 79699
Office: Don Morris 314
- B.A. summa cum laude, Journalism and Mass Communication, Abilene Christian University, 1982
- M.S. summa cum laude, Mass Communication, Middle Tennessee State University, 2004
- Ph.D. in progress, Texas Tech University
- Instructor and Journalist in Residence, Abilene Christian University, August 2008 to present
- Weekly religion columnist, The Huntsville Times, June 2000 to September 2012, and The Abilene Reporter-News, 2009 to present.
- Design editor, The Huntsville (Ala.) Times, October 1997 to August 2008
- Managing editor, The Decatur (Ala.) Daily, June 1992 to September 1997
- Graphics editor, The Nashville (Tenn.) Banner, May 1987 to June 1992
- Newsroom positions including sports designer, news designer, copy editor, features designer, columnist and graphics editor, The Abilene Reporter-News, May 1982 to May 1987
- Editor, The Optimist, Abilene Christian University, August 1980 to May 1982
- “How Jesus Ended Up in the Food Court: 77 devotional thoughts you never thought of,” VMI: Sisters, Ore., 2006
- “When Dinosaurs Ruled the World,” a review of “The New York Times: The Complete Front Pages, 1851-2008.” Jhistory, H-Net Reviews. April 2009
Morris & Mitchell is ACU's student-run advertising and public relations agency. Ad/PR majors have the opportunity to work for the agency and create real campaigns for real clients in a hands-on, fast-paced environment.