Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in History
Before being admitted to this program, a student must satisfy the requirements listed in the ACT/SAT Placement Information section of the catalog.
Please see the University Requirements section of the catalog.
Lower Level Requirements
- HIST 117 Civilization I
- HIST 118 Civilization or HIST 131 World History
- HIST 221 American History I
- HIST 222 American History II
Upper Level Requirements
- HIST 353 Historical Methods (writing-intensive course)
- HIST 459 Historiography Seminar (capstone course)
- Advanced United States Selections
- Advanced Non-United States Selections
Other Required Courses
- GEOG 354 Cultural Geography
- ENGL 231 World Lit. I, or ENGL 232 World Lit. II
- FREN, GER, FLLA, or SPAN 221, 222
- Choose one: ART 101, 221, 222, MUSM 230, MUSM 231, MUSM 232, MUSM 233, THEA 220 or THEA 250
A minor is optional as part of the electives.
Other Graduation Requirements
- Minimum GPA in major: 2.25
- Minimum GPA for graduation: 2.00
- Minimum advanced hours: 33
- Minimum total hours: 128