We believe that the study of the past enlightens our understanding of the present and our insight into the future. The ACU Department of History seeks to examine the experiences of mankind, stimulate thought concerning various institutions and ideas, and promote ethical standards in keeping with the Christian faith.
A degree in history can pave the way to careers in a number of areas, including law, government service, curation, film, writing, high school teaching, and college teaching.
Garrett Hines ('06) | History/Education/Art
Renaissance Man might be an apt description for Garrett Hines ('06). He has an interdisciplinary degree in education and history, certification to teach K-12 art, is a triathlete and a professional artist who had his first gallery opening this fall.
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- ACU in Division I
- Register Now for Summer Academy 2013
- Online Graduate Programs
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- Forbes ranks ACU in Top 10% of U.S. colleges
- ACU renewed as Apple Distinguished Program
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Abound
- ACU en Español
- Follow ACU on Twitter
- University news, events and fun!