We believe that the study of the past enlightens our understanding of the present and our insight into the future. The ACU Department of History seeks to examine the experiences of mankind, stimulate thought concerning various institutions and ideas, and promote ethical standards in keeping with the Christian faith.
A degree in history can pave the way to careers in a number of areas, including law, government service, curation, film, writing, high school teaching, and college teaching.
Katie Barnard ('10) | History
Katie Barnard (’10) has a deep love for stories - listening to them, telling them and interpreting them. That passion has led her to graduate studies at NYU, two exceptional internships, and a job at one of the most prestigious museum design firms in the world.
- Follow between issues on the magazine blog
- ACU in Division I
- Online Graduate Programs
- Study Abroad: The World is Your Classroom
- Forbes ranks ACU in Top 10% of U.S. colleges
- ACU renewed as Apple Distinguished Program
- ACU Connected: Mobile Learning
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Abound
- ACU en Español
- Register Now for Summer Academy 2013
- Follow ACU on Twitter
- University news, events and fun!