The ACU Department of History features:
- Student-centered programs for advanced experiences
- Student-faculty research projects
- Students write for national publications.
- Award-winning research produced
- Since 1995, the faculty has published four books and 21 professional articles.
- In the 1980s, of 925 similar private universities nationwide, the history department’s graduates ranked 23rd in the number who received Ph.D. degrees.
- Since 1988, 33 internships or fellowships have been awarded to our graduate students before completing their M.A. degrees at ACU.
- Of all ACU history department graduates, 30 percent have completed an M.A. degree and 12 percent have received a doctoral degree.