Frequently Asked Questions
What could I be doing now to prepare for my career?
- Get a good science background
- Gain experience by voluteering, shadowing, and researching
- Consider learning a foreign language
What about advanced credit courses?
- Plan to take science courses in college
- Get credit hours for courses such as English, government, history, etc.
What do professional programs consider in acceptance?
- Science and overall GP
- Involvement in extracurricular groups and activities
- Gaining work experience by volunteering and shadowing
- Scores on standardized exams: GRE, MCAT, DAT, OAT
- Your major
What should I major in?
Students should choose a major that interests them and a field they will enjoy working in should acceptance into a health professions program be denied. All majors are accepted into programs, and one's major is only a small aspect being considered by the graduate schools admissions committee.
The acceptance rates for different majors are listed below:
% of Total Applicants
% in Medical School
Why is ACU a good place to prepare me for a career in health professions?
Small intimate class size which allows for more direct contact with professors
Experience opportunities in a Christian environment through mission trips to places such as Honduras, Africa, etc.
An admissions committee will help in your admissions process by organizing your application and holding a mock interview so that you may be better prepared for your interview with a prospective graduate school
ACU's acceptance rates are much higher than the national average