Why choose ACU over other schools to prepare for medical or dental school?
Abilene Christian University's acceptance rate is nearly double the national average.
The acceptance rate of ACU graduates to medical and dental schools over the past 10 years is more than 85 percent. The national average is 45 percent for the past three years.
Here is why Abilene Christian University's medical and dental school acceptance rates beat the national average.
Body & Soul Experience
- Deans from medical and dental schools visit ACU annually to give valuable information to students preparing to apply to these schools.
- Mock interviews help students to practice for interviews at the various professional schools.
- Shadowing allows students to make sure this is the field they are meant to pursue. Students observe physicians during surgery and during their daily routine.
- Classes for MCAT review are part of the ACU Body & Soul program and are conducted on the ACU campus.
- Visits to medical and dental schools introduce students to the realm of professional schools.
- Body & Soul events allow our students to mentor each other, form study groups and fellowship together.
- Body & Soul faculty understand that ACU is a stepping stone to your future and equip you with the knowledge and skills required for medical and dental school success.
- Biomedical Ethics Class helps lay a foundation to advance Biblical principles in bioethics and health to the church and society.
- Class size will vary from 20 to 30 students on average, while at most state schools this number could be anywhere from 150 to 300 students.
- ACU's small class size is an advantage when your professor writes your letter of recommendation. These letters reflect a strong personal knowledge of who you are as a student.
Christian Faith in Action
- Our students can immediately join the Christian Medical & Dental Association and begin networking for their future.
- Medical mission opportunities enable students to experience a global view of ministry, medicine and mission.
- Christ says in Matthew 25 that we are called to heal the sick, feed the poor and visit those in prision.
For more information about ACU's Body & Soul program contact Terri Aldriedge R.N., B.S.N., Body & Soul program director.