Snapshot of the Department
- Academically acclaimed professors who are nationally respected for their innovative teaching, groundbreaking research and professional leadership.
- Technologically-advanced facilities
- Extensive alumni network
- Representation among some of the university’s top student leaders
- Universal application of learned communication skills
- For the past five years, 95 percent of the department’s students have been accepted into graduate programs
- Recent surveys show 100 percent of graduates are employed within 12 months of graduation, with most launching careers in 2-3 months.
- The communication department is represented by a nationally respected and highly awarded forensic and debate team
- The communication faculty includes the author of an intercultural communication textbook; experts in the religious, political and corporate crisis communication fields; and planners for national communication organizations
- Faculty regularly participate in the university's Study Abroad Program, taking students to such places as Oxford, England, Montevideo, Uruguay, and Honduras
ACU Communication majors learn crucial skills and theories to connect with people in our ever-changing world.