Students of chemistry and biochemistry at ACU have extensive opportunities to participate in research on campus, off campus, and in internships around the country. Below are a few examples of the experiences gained by our students:
On-campus research opportunities
- Robert A. Welch Foundation Undergraduate Program (academic year)
- Welch Summer Research Institute (eight-week program)
Off-campus research opportunities
Our students participate in summer research programs at various universities including Texas Tech University, Texas A&M University, Rochester Institute of Technology, University of Virginia, University of Kansas, Oklahoma State University and University of Texas at Arlington.
- Dow Chemical Company
- Stepan Chemical Company
- Sandia National Laboratories
Other opportunities within the department
- Laboratory teaching assistantships
- Research scholarships
- ACU Chemistry Club and Chemistry Circus
- Annual field trips - usually taken in the spring, these field trips have included Dow Chemical Company, Fort Worth Crime Lab, Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, and the American Chemical Society national meeting.
For more information about any of these opportunities, email department chair Kim Pamplin.