The Biology Department at ACU empowers students to take their studies from the classroom into the field, through numerous field trips, service experiences, and internships.
From scuba diving trips on the Gulf Coast for marine research with Dr. Rebecca Hunter, to summer research at the Au Sable Institute, to medical mission trips with Health Talents International, and everything in between, ACU biology students get hands-on experience in medicine and research before they ever leave undergraduate school.
Class field trips
- Shrimp research on the Gulf Coast (Summer 2010)
- Big Bend National Park (March 2010)
- Scuba diving for marine research in Bermuda
- Outdoor biology research in Ecuador (Summers since 2000)
Internships and mission trips
Questions? Contact us. We're here to help you.
- Advising for Pre-health students
- Biology Career Analysis
- Our medical and dental school acceptance rates