Walter H. Adams Center for Teaching and Learning
"There are no subjects on this earth or in outer space or in the metaphyscial realm which we cannot study on the campus of a Christian institution of higher learning."
- Dr. John C. Stevens, 8th President of ACU
About The Adams Center
We believe that learning is a lifelong process and that those of us who teach make a commitment to continue our learning throughout our lives. The Adams Center exists to promote the lifelong learning of ACU's faculty as they strive to integrate their faith and their discipline.
The Adams Center is a gathering place for faculty to share insights, raise questions, and develop skills in a hospitable, supportive context.
We provide state of the art learning facilities that allow faculty to experiment with new ways of teaching, learning, and research, but we also focus on hospitality. Faculty often drop by on the way to class for coffee, and gather several times each week for lunch and conversations led by their colleagues. Former ACU President Dr. John C. Stevens once said, "There are no subjects on this earth or in outer space or in the metaphysical realm which we cannot study on the campus of a Christian institution of higher learning." Our goal in the Adams Center is to provide an environment that embodies that spirit.
Dr. Autumn Sutherlin | Associate Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry
Dr. Autumn Sutherlin discusses the use of iPhone NANO tools in the classroom.
Keep up with what's going on in the Adams Center!
- Class Blogs Across Campus
- CORE 240: The Question of Community
- A Better Bilingual
- Mentoring Undergraduates in Research
- Peace and Social Justice
- Misconceptions About Misconceptions
- Are We Expecting Enough Of Our Students?
- Adapting the Core Model to MATH 120
- CORE 320 - The Question of Transcendence
- Justice - What is the Right Thing to Do
- The Magic Of Fair Use
- Vulnerable Missions in a Non-Vulnerable World
- WordPress Hot Rods: 5 Ways to Supercharge Your Class Blog
- The Election of 2010: Now What?
- Discovering diversity
- A NIFFTE solution
- Building a Ghost
- Assessing Hybrid Education
- Spiritual Formation: Ancient Future Practices
- Where Religion and Politics Meet
- Describing Critical Thinking
- Summit Conversation: Kathleen Norris
- Summit Conversation: Shane Claiborne
- Mobile Learning Applied
- Defining Community: An IC2 Progress Report
- NBC Learn Blackboard